COVID-19 Surgery Policies
Thank you for all you’re doing to help slow the spread of COVID-19 in our communities. You’re making sacrifices and dealing with significant changes in your daily life. We appreciate your patience as we take precautions to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. These measures are meant to keep you, and our doctors and staff safe.
- The following precautions apply to EVERYONE (patients, visitors, staff, and doctors) Masks help protect the people around you. They also protect the healthcare workers who take care of you. Our staff will wear masks to keep you and each other safe. We ask you to bring and wear your own mask or scarf from home.
- For everyone’s safety, no one (patients, staff, or physicians) is allowed to enter the surgery center without having their temperature checked at the door. Only those with a temperature below 100.0 will be allowed to enter.
- Please notify your eye surgeon if you have a cough, even if you don’t believe you are sick. You may need to be rescheduled even if you do not have a fever.
- All people entering this facility must maintain 6-foot distance from one another when feasible. Markings are on the floor will help with social distancing as you are waiting to check-in at the front desk.
- Sneeze and cough into a cloth or tissue, or into your elbow. Do not shake hands or engage in unnecessary physical contact
There is a new policy of NO VISITOR WAITING inside the surgery center, except for special circumstances.
To decrease the potential spread of COVID-19 to other patients and staff, we request that all family and friends wait outside of the surgery center, but in the immediate vicinity (e.g. inside their car in our parking lot).
Please leave your cell phone number with the front desk. We will call you when the person you are waiting for is ready to be discharged and picked up. To lessen their time spent in the recovery area, patients will receive a handout with written postop instructions that their companion can read to them after returning home. Your surgeon will also review instructions and answer any questions at your first postop visit.
Thank you for your understanding